Monday, June 13, 2011

Vege Garden Update

The veges are doing so well at the moment, I thought I'd give you all a bit of an update on the colorbond vege patch.

Despite the fact that it is mid-winter here, it is going really well. So here are some pictures comparing the garden when it was planted last month, to now.

 Bok choy seedlings then...

....& now (still deciding on the right time to thin them out...)



Cherry tomatoes then...

 ...and now. I counted 46 cherry tomatoes on this one plant alone!



The left side of the garden, then...
....and now.



 Strawberries, then..

 and now.


All up, I have three different varieties of tomatoes growing. Cherry, beefsteak and tomato berry. The tomato berry variety is a small, lovely and sweet tomato. They are also growing like crazy at the moment.




Instead of having a compost bin, I bury my compost in the garden bed. I've got a few other interesting veges growing now as a a result. The plant at the back is an avocado tree (which I'm going to have to pull out, but I feel so bad!) as well as an onion and a bunch of tomato seedlings.



I've also been having a little visitor popping his head under the fence. I've put all sorts of things up as a barricade along our fenceline, but he is quite the determined little thing and keeps digging a different spot!

He's such a little sweetie, but any tips for stopping your neighbours dogs digging into your yard would be greatly appreciated!


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment